Artist Contributions + Terms of Sale
ARTIST CONTRIBUTIONS: ORGANIZATIONAL RESOURCES & EXHIBITION MATERIALS
Harwood Art Center and our dedicated funding partners underwrite the majority of the expenses associated with and staff services provided for every exhibition.
We do ask exhibiting artists to contribute to the hard costs of their shows. For a one-month exhibition, we typically require an artist contribution of $400 for the Main Gallery and $315 for the Front Gallery.
The artist contributions support Harwood's design, production and mailing of a single oversized (4.5x11") postcard for each exhibition month, highlighting both the Main and Front Gallery Artists; cut vinyl signage for the hallway outside of the galleries; and the general Gallery Maintenance fund.
The postcards are printed in runs of 500. If the artist(s) wish(es) to have more made and mailed, we can provide a quote.
Students and Harwood Studio Artists are eligible for reduced contributions.
Harwood reserves the right to request a damage deposit, if artist proposes major changes to the gallery.
All exhibitors will be given keys for after hours installation, appointments and gallery visits. A $20 key deposit is required in advance.
If work is purchased, Harwood Art Center will process payment and retain 10% of the sale price; the other 90% will be remitted to the exhibitor within 30 days of the exhibition's close. Work sold must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
As a program of Escuela del Sol, a 501(c)3, Harwood Art Center does not collect gross receipts tax for works sold and is thus not responsible for remittance of any taxes associated with the sales of work.
In the event that a buyer wishes to have work shipped, s/he will be referred to the exhibitor; it is the responsibility of the buyer and the exhibitor to make all packing and shipping arrangements, as well as to pay all related fees.